Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
• are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Africa, India or one of the countries of the Commonwealth listed below* AND
• are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
• have not already studied outside of your home country** AND
• are not currently studying at a University of Nottingham campus or are not a University of Nottingham graduateAND
• hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme, including MRes, at Nottingham for September 2016 in an area of study within the:
Faculty of Engineering,
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences,
Faculty of Science,
Faculty of Social Science
*Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Western Samoa.
**Priority is given to candidates who have not previously studied outside of their home country. Students currently studying in the UK are not eligible to apply.
Developing Solutions scholars at Nottingham
Here is what some of our 2014 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship winners say about their scholarship:
"This scholarship has opened doors for me to come to the UK and pursue my studies here. I could have never made it had it not been for this scholarship. And now I realize what I would have missed had I not."
– Swapnali Baruah from India, studying MSc Supply Chain and Operations Management.
"Without the Developing Solutions Scholarship, I would not have been able to afford further study, much less in the UK. This has allowed me the opportunity to form worthwhile connections and reach my full academic potential in a field which I am passionate about."
– Omari Blackman from Barbados, studying MSc Electronic Communications and Computer Engineering.
– Shadrack Mulinge Mutuku from Kenya, studying MSc Drug Discovery and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Find out more
• Find out more about the history and funding of our Developing Solutions scheme
• Read what some of our previous scholarship students have to say.
• Watch a video of one of our previous scholarship winners.